Work independently with minimal supervision providing systems administration for the Infrastructure and Deactivation & Remediation contractors at the Paducah site as well as the DOE site office.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Provide primary support and management of the IT server infrastructure and hosted systems;
· Support first-tier technical staff with the resolution of more complex issues related to software tools, applications, databases, and system access;
· Analyze and resolve hardware and software problems for end users, with primary emphasis on server-related issues;
· Provide troubleshooting support for IT staff;
· Recommend hardware and software solutions to meet end user and IT needs;
· Support Cyber Security compliance and audit preparation in coordination with the Cyber Security Team; and
· Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required Education and Experience
Completion of a B.A. or B.S. from an accredited university with emphasis in computer science OR two years directly applicable experience in areas listed in Essential Duties and Responsibilities OR
Minimum of one year equivalent experience with four or more of the technical categories listed below.
· VMware View, vCenter 6.5, vSphere 6.5
· Veeam Backup & Replication, Veeam ONE, Disaster recovery/contingency planning
· Nutanix, SAN storage systems, Brocade FC switches, HPE Servers and Storage systems (3PAR, MSA)
· Microsoft Server Operating System (OS) (Server 2008 r2, Server 2012 r2, Server 2016)
· DFS Namespace and Replication, Print services, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP
· Microsoft Certificate Authority, SSL certificates, KMS licensing
· Exchange 2013, Skype for Business Server 2015, SharePoint 2016
· Microsoft System Center 2012, Patch management, OS deployments
· PRTG or WhatsUpGold monitoring solutions
Preferred Education and Certification
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Some flexibility in hours is allowed, but the employee must be available during their “core” work hours. Overtime may be required as job demands.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
Ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Energy security clearance
WAI provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed and employees are treated during employment without regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.