Acts as the application technical resource responsible for the development, deployment and maintenance of software applications. Demonstrates a personal commitment to safety and quality.
Participates in development and implementation of software application projects.
· Ensures all changes to systems are performed in accordance with configuration controls and software quality assurance.
· Resolve or mitigate, where applicable, software vulnerabilities.
· Researches, documents and implements software application requirements and specifications.
· Works with the system users to ensure effective use of applications.
· Shares technical knowledge with peers and works closely with the database administrator to provide mutual support.
· Takes problem reports from the help desk and corrects software problems.
· Closes work orders in a timely manner with appropriate resolution comments when work is complete.
· Writes, translates and codes software programs and applications according to specifications with minimal supervision.
· Performs quality assurance of program logic, data processing and error resolution.
· Runs and monitors performance tests on new and existing applications and databases for the purposes of correcting mistakes, isolating areas for improvement and general debugging.
· Gathers statistics and writes reports for discussion with management, team members and end users.
· Develops and maintains documentation, user manuals, guides and technical information associated with software applications.
· Participates in development of database architectures, coding standards and quality assurance policies and procedures.
· Participates in the design and implementation of systems, policies and procedures for disaster recovery and data archiving to ensure effective protection and integrity of data assets.
· Works with IT management and users to establish and maintain appropriate computing environments.
· Supports efforts to maintain software and server inventories.
· Maintains a safe working environment.
· Demonstrates awareness and implementation of applicable environmental, safety and health (ES&H) requirements while also alerting coworkers of such requirements as needed.
· Demonstrates the ability to get along with co-workers, customers and visitors.
· Demonstrates a personal commitment to safety and quality.
· Maintain communication after normal work hours by company provided cell phone.
· Maintain 24/7 support for software applications, where applicable.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Works mainly in a typical office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee may be required to sit for the majority of the day. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and drive.
· The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Some flexibility is expected during position’s core work hours and as required to perform maintenance of software applications, where applicable. Overtime may be required as job demands.
Required Education and Experience
Requires a bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field plus at least 5 years of related experience, an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered. Requires a proficiency in the development and deployment of databases and software applications. Also requires a strong working knowledge of software and development tools and techniques consistent with current DOE standards, as well as DOE infrastructure architectural components.
Preferred Education and Experience
Identiv Hirsch Velocity Software
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Ability to read and interpret documents such as operating, maintenance and procedure manuals.
Ability to write routine and non-routine reports and correspondence.
Ability to speak professionally and effectively before groups of customers or employees.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts with reasonable speed and accuracy.
Ability to define problems, collects data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
Ability to interpret a variety of instructions and deal with abstract and concrete variables.
Professional phone skills are required. Ability to operate office copier, telephone, fax and computer is required. Ability to maintain a professional personal presentation while in the presence of management, coworkers, vendor and visitors as required by contract.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
Must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q Clearance.
WAI provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the company takes affirmative action to
ensure that applicants are employed and employees are treated during employment without regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.